• +91-11-43717070
  • +60-0198107581
  • +91-11-43717070
0

Image result for kuala lumpur travel guide

Chinatown

Chinatown : Year Founded :1857

Formerly Known as : The Old Kualalumpur The Old Kuala Lumpur was a typical ‘pioneer’ town. Its inhabitants, the Chinese, congregated around Market ~ Square, the town’s main commercial centre. As the population grew and the town expanded, it was renamed Chinatown. 

A Guan Yin Temple Year Built :1830

This temple, dedicated to Guan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy, was designed with a mixture of Chinese and European Baroque architecture embellished with lavish ornaments. Here one finds three statues Saykamunl, The Lord Buddha in the centre; to its right the South Sea Guan Yin and left the Clan Shou Guan Yin -Thousand Hand Goddess of Mercy. 

A Chan See Shue Yuen YearBuilt :1906
A clan house, Chan See Shue Yuen looks a deceptively like a Chinese temple. Chinese . ,3 ' Baroque architecture is evident and elements of a Chinese temple such as open courtyards and symmetrically organised pavilions can also be seen throughout. Chan See Shue Yuen is commonly known as the Green Temple because of the striking ornate green tiles that form the roof (Kwang'Tung pottery styled roof). 

Old China Tea House : Year Built :1920 
Built on the premises of the old guild hall of  the Seiangor & Federal Territory Laundry Association, the shop retains the original features such as the half entrance doors, stairway, framed feng-shui mirrors, porcelain . h dolls, portraits of the association’s members, Chinese calligrap :0 ac devices, etc.The Cafe serves Southeast Asian cuisine   ate the appreciation of fine tea and the various cultural part.

Sri Mahamariamman Temple at Built :1873
building was originally constructed by Thamboosamy Pillai as a private shrine. Opened to the public in the 19205, it is one of temples With ‘ the most eiaborate dHiggrate aarvlngi of wooden locking e dedicated to d with tea otifs depicting ' d Enrich Kept in the temples he "-‘Ahn-HQ feature during handvpainte war the walls

Sze Ya temple Year Built : 1864 One of Kuala Lumpur's founders built this temple. Designed according to Chinese principles of Feng Shui, the temple was built in isolation and not in alignment with the other buildings within its surroundings. The oldest Taoist temple in Kuala Lumpur, it is dedicated to Sin Sze Ya and Si Sze Ya, two prophets who guided the founder to victory during the Seiangor Civil War. Other deities include Guan Yin Goddess of Mercy, Man Cheong Deity of Educatior Thai Su and Pak Foo (White Tiger) whc century-old sedan chair is still displayed used to perform religious processions. l patron alter to be cleansed and be blesse New Year's Eve. Till today, workers in the forbidden to sit with their bade facing the ten 

Jalan Hang Kasturi Shophouses (Kasturi Walk) Year Built :1930
This row of shophouses set another fine example of Nee-Classical buildings in Chinatown. Those days they were Mia occupied by shops selling coffee, 80:,” medicine and herbs. Currently, only' dim Heng and Soon Hing Cheong that Oriental Bowl Restaurant cum Ga 
traditional Chinese medicme and herbs, Market Square.

A Petaling Street (Chinatown) 
Petaling Street. fondly called '07" Cheong «of in Cantonese. is located in Chinatown, This area has an excellent selection of restaurants and food stalls, serving Chinese cuisine and local favourites. it is a great place to enjoy local culture or grab a bite from the street vendors. Haggling is a 4 common sight here and the place is usually tourists. The Petaling Street Bazaar starts from 

Selangor Grocer's Guild Year Built : 1927 
Located at lot number 78 along Jalan Sultan, the facade of this three-storey Nee-Classical building incorporates fine lines and is surmounted by a curved baroque pediment with Chinese characters stating ’Ming 
Dynasty'. it has a medallion and a balcony on the upper floor. Now a motel, all the furniture initially brought in is still in use today. Note: The lane along the Guild is famous for its living heritage. Look out for a Chinese barber shop that has been in existence for more than 70 years. Tools, chairs and mirrors used were passed down by the founder and still exist today! Most interestingly, the current owner is still spotted with that ‘curry puff’ hairstyle famous in the 1960s

Indian Style dagbee (Living Heritage) Year Established :1940 Founder Thangayah,Ex. Chairman of lndéanBarber Assc.This barber shop is run by the founder’s son, Madhirajah. The four sets of stainless’steel ‘Takara’ chairs that were imported from Japan in 1966 by the owner are still in use.Due to years of road resurfacing, the road ,frontIng the shop has become higher forcing the owners to build steps down shops as well as changing the direction of the front doors to open inwardly. 

 Jalan Petaling Shophouses No.921 Dutch Patrician style-1920) This row of Shophouses isamixture of Dutch S ‘13 is?“ and Patrician (Roman) style architecture. Look out for the shop'TaI Kwong the oldest ~ N}. data. a 
and longest running hardware shop in Chinatown. 

Copyrights © 2017 Holiday World Wide. All Rights Reserved.